Sunday, February 5, 2012

Every End Has A Beginning....

Well today has been interesting. I woke up at 3:30 am with contractions that were coming every 5-10 minutes. I wasn't worried about it until I looked at the clock and realized it had been going on for an hour and a half and I was having really bad back pain-not the normal 'I've been carrying Huxley too much' pain but pain that I hadn't felt since Huxley's birth. That kind of scared me. Todd gave me a Priesthood blessing and I tried some other things to help things calm down. Normally I wouldn't have worried but being a 12 hour plane ride away from where I want to give birth and only being 31 5/7 weeks along puts a little kink in things. Well long story short everything is ok and we're just going to take it day-by-day and I'm hoping that we can stay with our original plan of me coming down to Utah March 18 after our Branch Temple trip in Anchorage. Anyways-the reason I'm writing this is because I realized how hard it is right now for me to imagine my little family of 3 turning into 4. After Huxley woke up we brought him into our room like we usually do on the weekends since Todd is home and he jumped on our bed and laughed and laughed. I started crying thinking that this would be our last day as our little family jumping on the bed and being goofy (that was before we had seen our NP and decided it would be ok for me to stay in Barrow). There were a few other times today that I had those same thoughts. Don't get me wrong it will be great to have another little kiddo-it'll just be different. I'll get used to it. And it is the ending of our little family but I know it's also the beginning of more great memories like us jumping on the bed every Saturday and Sunday morning.

Another ending was when Todd was released today as the Seminary teacher. Kind of weird. I try/tried to be patient with the calling and I think I did a pretty good job but I didn't realize how attached I was to the calling and it wasn't even mine! I'm crazy I know! Maybe it's because I'm pregnant. Anyways. It'll be weird having my husband around more-not that he wasn't with the calling but he did study/plan for Seminary a lot and it'll be different having him home and not have to say 'what do you want to do before you need to start doing Seminary stuff?'. Like right now Huxley is in bed and this is the time Todd usually prepares-I don't think he knows what to do with himself! :) And tomorrow when the alarm goes off at 6:15 am I won't have to listen to him hit snooze 4 times before we actually get out bed. Also, I get a car now-Todd has always had the car since he'd pick the boys up and do Seminary and then go to school after. That means I'm mobile now. What the? I can leave during the day now? I don't know if I'll have the courage to! I always leave the house with Todd-I might be too scared to go out by myself. I'm kidding! But it will be different! I'm glad he had that calling though. I think it helped our family grow and Todd grow in ways it probably wouldn't have if he hadn't of been called to be the Seminary teacher when we moved up here. I guess that's why we have callings though right? To learn and grow and then we get released. Hmm...I should learn what I need to for my calling....I'm also kidding!!!! This is another ending but it'll be the beginning of something else!

Well that's it!

P.S. Todd wants me to write something for him....
What is a mother's favorite crime?????



A good kidnapping!!!

He's pretty proud of himself. He came up with that 'all by myself, just barely'! :) So that's what he's going to be doing now instead of preparing for Seminary! Hahahaha oh wow!

4 comments:

  1. You guys are so funny! I love Todd's joke, it's way better than than the jokes that I made up the other day. :)

    I'm glad you aren't having a baby yet! I hope things continue to go okay and that you can just come down when you had planned. It is weird going from a family of three to a family of four. I thought the same things right before we had Grace. But it will be great...way better than you can imagine now! :) I think you will feel even more complete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Glad you aren't having the baby yet! It'll be fun to have your family grow but change is always hard :) I understand the jumping on the bed part because Ayden does that to and its just fun and I think about every once in awhile about how thing can change, they can change so fast or so slow you don't even notice. life is amazing! Take care. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just tell you that I read your blog continously!! I love it! You make me so happy and want to be a better mom! You also make me want to be a stay at home mommy (which I am not and probably won't be for a few more years :( ) So that makes me sad, but still I think you are super woman and keep that baby in until you can get here safe to Utah! Who by the way is your doctor down here? I work at Logan hospital now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When is that baby coming?! I keep waiting for a new post with baby pictures, but they have not come yet! I'm getting antsy!! (And by the way, I thought Todd's joke was HILARIOUS.) :)

    ReplyDelete