Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words


We're expecting!!! :) Our little one is due October 29th, 2010. We are so excited and can't wait!! :)

This is our first picture as a family. We took it right after I told Todd we were having a baby. :) I had this whole plan of telling Todd. I had ordered a onsie that said, 'If you think I'm cute, you should see my Daddy' and then I was going to give him one of his favorite childhood books so he could read it to our baby. This was all planned for his birthday which would mean I would be about 7 weeks along. Well. I can't keep a secret that long and since I knew we were expecting pretty quick that would have been a REALLY long time!! I still gave him the gifts on his birthday but it wasn't as cool as if I had given them to him and said, 'Oh, and by the way we're having a baby too!' The way I really told him was during our FHE lesson and it was his turn to give it. We've been waiting for a family for a long time now and he had based his lesson on having a family. So...when he started talking about the Lord's timing, and having a family I couldn't keep a straight face and so I ended up telling him. I was really mad at myself!! I'm glad I told him though, it was such a relief. It was nice to be able to start having prenatal care also and have him involved.

We have more pictures to post of us telling our families and ultrasounds but I don't have them...of course...on the computer yet. I'll post them soon!! Promise! :)

Hope you have a good day!! :)

6 comments:

  1. aw that's exciting! I can't wait till we have babies. Good luck with your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Elaine! You will be such a good Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! that is so exciting for you :) you and todd will make wonderful mommies and daddies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed that you could keep it a secret at all!! We are so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you! You're gonna be such a cute mommy!

    ReplyDelete