Friday, May 7, 2010

Bittersweet

Well!!!

schools_out.gif


It's so weird! I've only been up here for the last half of the school year but it feels like it's gone so quickly!! Good news too!! We're/Todd is 1/30th of the way to retirement!! :) Wahoo!! :)

Tomorrow marks our D-day! It feels really weird to be leaving Barrow and not coming back for a few weeks. It's almost sad!! Almost!! I'll really miss all of our friends up here! I was also thinking about it and Logan doesn't have a lot of people but being up here has made me really comfortable with not seeing anyone except Todd for a few days in a row.....I could possibly have many panic attacks just being around my family!!! Sad I know!! :) I'm just used to quiet!! Really quiet!!!

Good news....(strong sarcasm)...Todd got an e-mail this morning about how Barrow is quarantining all the animals in the city for rabies because of the foxes around here. Well on the bottom of the flyer it said-"If you plan on leaving Barrow you need a vet letter from the vet clinic approving travel". Ok. First of all, all (ok maybe not all) the teachers in Barrow have animals. Second of all, most of the teachers will be leaving on tomorrow's Great White Flight (that's what the natives call the flight because most of the white people leave the day after school gets out). Why did they send that e-mail out a day before everyone was supposed to leave??? I called the vet to see if we could get in and get our little Kali approved-come on she hasn't been outside since November, how would she have gotten rabies???-she had one cancellation thankfully so we'll be able to leave with our kitty. Next obstacle....making sure the airline will let her come with us. They usually only let 2 animals in the cabin as carry-on.....a teacher that is leaving on the flight has 2 little dogs that will be going with him. Great!!! :)

Anyways!!! I'm done complaining!! We just have lots to get done before tomorrow night and it's slightly overwhelming!! But it will be good to leave and see family!! We are so excited!! I could barely sleep last night because of all the butterflies in my stomach from thinking about seeing my family!!! :)

Well I think that's about it!! :) Have a good day!!

2 comments:

  1. You are the sweetest/cutest. It will be so fun for you guys to go home! I wish I were going to be in Logan for a few weeks. It's easy to forget how wonderful home & family is... but rememberance is sharp the second you leave! Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that you are back in Utah!!! Soak it up while you can!

    ReplyDelete