Friday, October 9, 2009

Pictures from the Top of the World! :)

So this is what we look like after being married for 9 whole months!!! Pretty impressive!! Don't mind my pained look of freezing! Oh and Todds' long hair! :) While I was up there for the few days, we got to do alot of things together like going to the whaling sites, going grocery shopping, going to conference and driving around looking at sites....oh and freeze!!!


Here's just a few pictures of what it looks like!

As soon as I got off the plane we went and saw the whale they were cutting up so that was cool! I won't put any gruesome pictures on but this kind of gives you an idea of how big they are!!! I didn't eat any of the whale while I was there but it's definitely something I might have to do.

This is the AC Grocery store where we got most of our groceries! They have everything there you could possibly imagine!!!! It was fun to go there! There's also a grocery store next to our home but it's a little bit more expensive and there isn't as many options.


Here's our church!! :) We were able to go to all of the sessions! On Sunday, in between sessions, the branch had a potluck breakfast for the members. It was fun to meet some of the branch members. I really liked them too. I'm excited to go up there and be a part of that branch!












This is Todd's school. The first picture is just the front of the school and then the second one is a picture of Todd's end of the school. He has an automotive shop and a woods shop and a classroom and an office. Pretty dang nice! :)

While Todd was at school I spent time at home with Kali.....AKA The Best Cat In The World!!! :) I also cleaned....Todd's a pretty clean guy, I got lucky, but there were a few things that I helped him with!! :) I studied.....ugh and I went and talked with the hospital about getting a job when I get up there!!! It was very nice to just relax but it would have been nicer to have spent more time with Todd.


This is a picture of our humble abode. We're the middle apartment, there are three in the building. It's like a town home-there's an upstairs and downstairs. Some plusses about this house are: there are doors on all of the rooms-including the bedroom, we have a washer and dryer right in there with us, we have our own water heater-no more cold showers on Sunday morning!!-we have our own thermostat so even if the next door neighbors are warm I can still turn our thermostat up to where I'd like it!! :) This is also a picture of the newest addition to the Henke Family-a Jeep! It's very nice too! I was a big stinker about getting it because I thought we could just be tough and walk places......well I got my fill of walking from the car to different buildings. I'm glad we got the car.

Well this has been pretty long!! I should probably go and get things done that I've been putting off but I loved it up there and it was a wonderful trip!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so glad to see pictures of the far away world you guys will live in. :) I'm glad you liked it so much - it's going to be an awesome adventure! I'm sure the people up there, especially the members of the church will be so glad you are there. I'm glad you could go up there and visit - happy times, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey i would just like to say hi to the world, and especially hi to Elaine when she reads this wonderful comment. So there you have it. :)
    -Todd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine!! I'm glad you commented on our blog...I didn't know you had one! You're in Alaska?! Just for Todd's schooling or what? Give me details! It looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete